Tuesday, January 31, 2017


New Mexico holds a special appeal for me, ...                                     

                                                                                                ~Norah Gaughan


Los Ojos, New Mexico


...even beyond the promise of sunshine and warmth after a New England winter. I long to see the desert landscape so inspiring to Georgia O'Keefe. 

I'm fascinated by Native American Pueblos and look forward to walking amidst the charming architecture of Santa Fe. In fact, I'm feeling a bit more relaxed just thinking about our upcoming trip.  

I'm excited about the workshop time, too. We have 6 knitting sessions over the week, which allows enough time to actually complete a project. 


Navajo-Churro sheep, a breed dating back to the 16th Century,
The first breed of domesticated sheep in the New World.


Tierra Wool's Churro comes from the Navajo-Churro sheep, and is provided by local sheep ranch Shepherd’s Lamb. 



The yarn is dyed in a lovely 
array of colors and my plan is 
to split the hanks so we can 
mix and match 
to suit our sensibilities. 







I am dreaming up a bag, using multiple techniques and knit with New Mexico native Churro wool. 
I also want to dabble in some fun techniques to finish the bags, like twisted cord and multicolor pompoms. My sample yarn arrived a few weeks ago. 




My swatch below shows a couple of the ideas I like a lot and will be sharing, but I am just getting started!


See you soon!


               ~Norah

*photo credits to Tierra Wools and Norah Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Minute

Hi Friends! It's been a minute on the blog post aspect of things - many, many minutes. I want to jump back into it with a few things.  P...